Dissertation Literature ReviewApril 30, 2014 - Posted to Assignment types
When you are a student, you are considered an academic writer. This is usually the case when you are dealing with your advanced degree. The assumption that you have to make is that the audience knows less on your topic. Your dissertation literature review should purpose to demonstrate your expertise and intelligence with the topic that you are writing. Make sure that your literature review dissertation expresses the following:-
- Make your work original and write it in relation with existing literature.
- Make interpretations of the issues that surround your topic.
- Identify various ways that you can interpret, and shed light on previous research gaps.
- It should resolve conflicts among previous studies that are contradictory.
- Determine the literature that will have a significant impact to the readers, so that they can understand your topic.
- It should point to a different route that should help your readers to further research topics.
When you need a literature review for dissertation, simply send a request email from to our website. Our customer service will make sure that they assign professional writers to work on your papers. The literature review must be well structured, and the ideas must flow in a logical manner. They should help the readers to transit from one paragraph to the next smoothly. Make sure that you present your viewpoint in an unbiased manner. Make sure that you follow the information that is included in your literature review:-
- It should provide an overview on the subject under consideration.
- You should collect your research material into categories and concepts.
- You can provide conclusions that your readers will understand and have a closing chapter too.
When you are dealing with literature review in dissertation, the transitions between your ideas should assess various perspectives. They shouldn’t simply summarize and translate them. Your attitude should also be presented in support or against the topic. Your stand should be made clearly to your readers. This is done through the use of reporting verbs. It will allow you as the writer to clearly convey their opinion on the facts written in their dissertations. The process which you use in writing a dissertation literature review should present your material evidence in a relevant manner. You should:-
- Select and quote relevant material for your subject, and argument.
- You have to make sense of the quotation within your argument’s context.
- You should introduce and integrate the relevant quotations within your literature review.
With your English literature dissertation, you can use citations to outline your research in a larger narrative. They should reflect your decisions so that greater emphasis is given to the topic being discussed. There are two types of citations which you can use in your writing. They include:-
- Integral citations- these are names of the cited authors that are found in the citing sentence.
- Non-integral citations-which refer to the authors stated as footnotes of the papers.
Make sure that your ideas are centralized in your writing. Your literature review should connect your ideas through the paragraphs that you write in your papers.