Get To Know More About MLA Format HeadingsMarch 21, 2014 - Posted to Styles And Formats
Usually, an academic paper would always require well written contents and correct formatting. In terms of such format, it can be APA, Chicago, MLA or others. In the Humanities, among the most used format would be the MLA or Modern Language Association. When using this style, the format of the body, parenthetical citations and work cited listing. Apart from those, the MLA format front page should also be known.
Basic formatting details:
- The font should be Times New Romans (standard font style). Size is 12-point (standard size)
- Double spacing from start till the end
- Margins are set at 1 inch for top, bottom and both sides
- Right justify is not allowed
- The first word of the paragraph should be indented by 5 spaces
- As with the title page, type your name, professor’s name, course number and date. Do not write the title page for the research paper.
- The title of the research paper should be centered. It must not be underlined. Put quotation mark instead or write it in all caps.
- All pages must be numbered consecutively and with MLA headings. The page number is written at the upper right hand corner of each page. Your last name must be written before the page number. Do not just write “p” followed by the number.
Those are some of the basic information to know about the MLA format. The MLA format headings are also as important. In fact, all formal or academic papers should have this MLA style front page. The header is as follows:
Name of Instructor or professor
The MLA style headings should be printed well using the computer. Again, it must be your last name followed by the page number. E.g. Forest 1
Remember that the MLA format for headings should always be 0.5” from the top of the page. This part is where you will need to put the page number. It is not proper to put the page number within the 1” margin.
Tips in putting MLA header example
When using Microsoft Word. Below is the way to properly use MLA style heading example. Review the steps to ensure that what you will work on will be correct.
Header and Footer: First, go to the ‘View’ menu and select ‘Header and Footer’
Type your last name and set it to align right.
Page numbers: Go to ‘Insert’ menu and select ‘Page Numbers’
Set to: Alignment right and Top of the page when putting the numbering.
If you will use Word Perfect, there is another way to get around when you will use MLA heading format example. The step is pretty simple to follow. If you are not familiar on doing such, using this post as a cheat sheet can be fine. Here is how:
Header and Footer: Click ‘Insert’ then ‘Header and Footer’ and then select ‘Create’
Once selected, click ‘right alignment’ and then type your last name.
Page number: Click ‘Format’, click ‘Page’ and then ‘Numbering’. Also click the position box.
Select the ‘Top Right’ option and click ‘1’ in the format of Page numbering.
Those are pretty much some of the information you need to know about MLA format header example. Again, being new with t his kind of formatting is not new. Many people truly need practice to perfect such format.
Help is always found on the web if you need to know more about the MLA format heading example. There are many reliable sites and blogs that offer such samples and even templates. Check on some and you will surely be able to work on it perfectly.